Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a venture-backed Kenyan agritech startup that fundamentally transforms the productivity of smallholder farmers is seeking to hire a Farm Manager . The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, including planting, harvesting, irrigation, pest control and overall crop management. The ideal candidate Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in experience in farm management, preferably with a background in managing onion, tomato, and bean crops.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, including planting, harvesting, irrigation, pest control, and overall crop management.
- Provide expert advice on soil management, crop selection, planting techniques, and disease control to optimize yields and quality.
- Develop and manage budgets, plan crop rotations, and strategize to ensure profitability while maintaining sustainability.
- Ensure that crop yield targets and harvest cost targets are consistently hit.
- Supervise and train farm workers, fostering a culture of productivity, safety, and efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of farming activities, expenses, yields, and any other relevant data for analysis and decision-making.
- Explore and implement innovative agritech solutions that can enhance productivity and efficiency on the farm.
- Must have a degree in horticulture or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in experience in farm management, preferably with a background in managing onion, tomato, and bean crops.
- Understanding of modern agricultural practices, irrigation techniques, pest management, and crop-specific requirements.
- Ability to lead a team effectively, communicate clearly, and make sound decisions under pressure.
- Capacity to identify issues, troubleshoot problems, and adapt to changing situations on the farm.
- A strong sense of accountability and follow through.
- Eagerness to explore and adopt new technologies and methodologies to improve farming practices.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***