Our client, the biggest conglomerate in Sudan is looking for a Farm Manager for one of its Farms in Sudan. The successful candidate will manage/operate multi-Location greenhouses as well as add value in knowledge transfer of expertise in controlled environment horticulture, plant cultivation, and pest and disease control. He/She will also plan, organize, direct, control, and coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, and harvesting horticultural specialties. The candidate will be located in a farm with residence in proximity.
- Accountable for the yield of agreed crop and variety.
- Regulate plant irrigation systems (dosing unit), and program environmental and irrigation control computer system.
- Production planning taking into account plant growing cycles and conditions such as, hydroponics, in-soil cultivation or open field settings.
- Use of the appropriate fertilizers, nutrients, and seeds specifications.
- Plan types and varieties of plants to be grown, based on operational budgets catering for the food requirements and projected sales volumes.
- Identify suppliers of suitable seeds and plant nutrients, disease control chemicals, and equipment.
- Oversee soil/substrate preparation for planting, and plant or transplant seeds, bulbs, and cuttings.
- Assign work schedules and duties to greenhouse staff and supervise their work.
- Enforce safety regulations and policies and supervise training of HSE policies.
- Confer with horticultural personnel for facility renovations or additions.
- Coordinate clerical, recordkeeping, inventory, requisitioning, and procurement activities.
- The work distribution will be more or less as follows:
-60% Greenhouse -15% Open Field
-15% Technical Advice on other GHs -10% Landscape Advice
- Bachelor of Agriculture (Engineering).
- 10 – 15 years of experience in Green House technology and other related fields.
- Able to identify practical solutions during greenhouse operation.
- Problem-solving and diagnostic skills.
- Detailed up to date knowledge of appropriate technical discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with others.
Please click on the tab below to apply;