Our client, a start-up agricultural insurance and technology company in over 14 countries across Africa and Asia is looking for a Field Operations Expansion Director to be based in Kenya. Every year the company runs a series of operational activities including farmer sensitization campaigns, training of clients, and Crop Cut Experiments (a survey designed to measure the yield of different crops). The Field Operations Expansion Director will be responsible for leading all new country expansion activities, setting up new countries, training teams and supporting recruitment, overseeing dry runs, and overseeing operations in small but growing countries.
- Lead in new country expansion; be the first person on the ground, put together the teams, and train.
- Assist teams to create cost-efficient budgets and find efficiencies as we develop experience in the market.
- Apply learnings and best practices from prior Pula experience so each new country setup is better than the previous.
- Prepare comprehensive reports about the setup, scale-ups tips and recommendations, outcome and progress reports.
- Prepare comprehensive work plans and maintain updated task list on the project management apps including click up.
- Ensure data collected in the field meets Pula quality standards.
- Ensure timely execution of field operations and delivery of data to internal and external clients.
- Supporting the commercial manager to pitch when required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years + experience doing multi-country implementations.
- Deep commitment to the “art of management” and nuances of modern management practice.
- Strong background and experience in training multi-cultural teams.
- Agricultural experience–can be from the private sector or social enterprise.
- Experience with working in data-rich settings.
- Great at content generation such as materials for training or internal policies, or types of write-ups.
- Excellent communication skills–both in-person and when using remote methods.
- You are comfortable with G-suit applications (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.) and are able to adapt to new systems easily (e.g., Asana, Slack, Jira).
- You are passionate about helping smallholder farmers build resilience.
- Flexible to travel up to 60% of the time.
- Working proficiency in French and/or Portuguese is a strong plus but not required.
Please click on the tab below to apply: