Our client, a fintech company in Kenya is looking for an experienced, hands-on, and self-motivating Finance Manager, for its offices in Nairobi. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day accounting, preparation of management reports, reconciliation processes, loan provisioning management, and treasury functions to support effective decision-making in the business. He/she will need to have the ability to align daily actions to the company’s strategic direction and mobilize people and inspire them towards a common ambition and better results. Experience working in the Financial Services sector (lending, payments, investments) and/or the Banking sector is a MUST! Further experience in a start-up environment with an entrepreneurial mind-set, comfort in constantly changing environments, and taking on a broad range of tasks is also preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget, monthly forecasts and strategic business plans.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly management accounts.
- Oversee the process of carrying out daily reconciliation across all company and customer accounts and distribute weekly reconciliation reports to management.
- Ensure optimum efficiency of all operating accounts the company holds and make recommendations to management on best practices.
- Responsible for all statutory submissions (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, other) on a monthly basis.
- Provide accurate, accessible and timely financial information and reports which contribute to improve quality of the company’s financial decision-making.
- Provide leadership to accounting staff.
- Work closely with banking partners and advisory board members in ensuring financial compliance aligned to transfer pricing, loan provisioning and management, tax requirements, or any other regulatory requirement.
- Collaborate with operating departments to identify risks and opportunities and propose mitigating actions to deliver target business results.
- Prepare various presentations, reports and financial analysis for Senior Management and the Board.
- University degree preferably in a business/statistics-related course.
- Professional qualification with an acknowledged accounting body such as ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in financial services or banking is required.
- Experience in a start-up or fintech is preferred.
- International experience or experience in a multinational company is preferred.
- Robust computer knowledge, extensive exposure to a lending environment, advanced reporting tools.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- High level of analytical, performance management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent reporting, communication and presentation skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: