Our client, a leading animal welfare organisation based in Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial planning & reporting, accurate & timely financial statement, and smooth running of the office. The ideal candidate MUST be proficient in QuickBooks.
- Ensure all transactions are subjected to the laid down procedures and processes.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier’s ledger, customer ledger and general ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts, petty cash, and all other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Complete the payroll every month in good time.
- Submit and file all statutory obligations accurately and within deadline on I-tax.
- Bring the books to trial balance stage, P&L, and Balance Sheet and ensure that financial statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
- Assist colleagues in budget preparation and monitoring.
- Review proposed spending against budgets and advise colleagues whether they are within limits set.
- Monitor vehicle usage and ensure maintenance of fleet.
- Any other duties as required.
- MUST have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- MUST have experience working QuickBooks.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience.
- Must have proven bookkeeping experience.
- Must have CPA Part 2.
- Proven experience and knowledge in advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English & Swahili.
- Must be organized, pro-active and autonomous and enjoy teamwork.
- Experience in business administration and data filing.
- Must be attentive to detail as well as have the ability to see the bigger picture.
Please click on the tab below to apply: