Our client, a Multinational Coffee Merchant, involved in supporting a dynamic NGO based in Karen, Nairobi, is looking to recruit a Finance Officer. The successful candidate MUST have a background working with Sun System and supporting USAID donor-funded projects. He/she must demonstrate an interest in managing accounting activities, fund accounting, project management, bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensure all budgets are consistent with the work plan.
- Serve as regional liaison between regional & country offices as it relates to the financial management of various projects.
- Assist regional and country offices with the preparation of donor budgets and budget modifications.
- Prepare invoices, financial reports, accruals, and other financial deliverables.
- Track project expenses, burn rates, and cash received from the donor.
- Ensure budgets & other financial information are correctly represented in the Client’s financial and project management systems.
- Assist country offices in responding to audit requests from donors, developing financial management tools, and managing close-out processes.
- Maintain strong financial controls to guarantee compliance with Client and donor regulations.
- Review all grant agreements, contracts, and modifications for assigned projects in conjunction with the Grants & Contracts unit.
- Minimum of three years directly related work experience in finance and grant management.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance option.
- Must be a CPA K /ACCA – Finalist / relevant master’s degree in a finance related field.
- Hands-on experience working with US government funding; knowledge of USAID is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability & willingness to work under pressure as part of a global team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must have experience working with Sun system.
- Candidates with the ability to speak French will have a distinct advantage.
Please click on the tab below to apply;