Our client, a dynamic Beauty & Cosmetic Company, based in Nairobi, Kenya with over 5 product lines is looking to recruit a General Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all staff, budgets, and operations of the local business unit. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive while ensuring our profits are on the rise. He/she MUST have commercial experience in the Beauty and Cosmetic Industry Sector.
- Formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses.
- Set policies and processes.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of new employees.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Direct the employee assessment process.
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations.
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors).
- BSc/BA in Business or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
- Must have a background in Beauty and Cosmetic Industry.
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role.
- Must come from a commercial background.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations, etc.).
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
Please click on the tab below to apply;