Our client, a Furniture and Interior Design company, is seeking a highly motivated General Manager for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible to lead sales, operations and marketing, with the aim of supporting the Board of Directors with the organization’s profitability and product/service quality goals.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are tracked and achieved.
- Plan and implement critical marketing initiatives to support the timely achievement of sales objectives.
- Plan and implement strategic annual product and process plans in the organization including new launches and inventory optimization.
- Prepare policies and operational procedures based on the Board’s approved strategy.
- Actively and effectively manage the day to day operations of the business.
- Recruit and train staff with the human resource coordinator.
- Responsible for trade events, trainings and workshops for architects as well as informal and professional contractors.
- Develop, build and manage stakeholder relationships both internal and external including suppliers, government, institutions and individuals.
- Ensure product, people and processes compliance with respective statutory and quality control bodies local, regional or otherwise.
- Plan and lead weekly team and departmental meetings in view of set goals.
- Weekly or monthly reporting to the Board as required.
- Actively explore and help realize products and opportunities with interior finishing projects in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania as well as larger East Africa with sales team.
- Mitigating risks and financial planning where foreseeable in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Management.
- 6+ years in Senior Management in the construction/interior finishes industry in Kenya.
- Financial Planning & Strategy experience.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations, different team personalities.
- Good problem solver.
- Experience in building and leading an organization’s performance management culture.
Please click on the tab below to apply;