Our client, a restaurant owner in Nairobi, is looking for a hands-on and energetic General Manager for its restaurant in Karen. The successful candidate will ensure all operational standards are in place and adhered to in order to deliver revenues and profits by developing marketing and finance strategies and providing appealing restaurant service.
- Meet restaurant financial objectives by preparing strategic and annual forecasts and budgets.
- Overseeing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Prepare policies and standard operating procedures.
- Recruit and train staff.
- Enforce sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations.
- Track emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops.
- Ensure weekly and monthly targets are being met and implementing strategies to achieve such targets.
- Analyze and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Plan and coordinate menus together with the Chef and Food and Beverage Controller.
- Responding to customer complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Meeting and greeting customers and overseeing the organization of table reservations with the floor manager.
- Be active on the restaurant floor during lunch and dinner hours.
- Organizing and supervising the shifts along with the human resource department.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in the F&B Sector.
- Proficient in the use of HotelWiz.
- Excellent decision making and communication skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and a good problem solver.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Cost Accounting and budgeting experience.
- Financial Planning and Strategy experience.
Please click on the tab below to apply;