Our client, an international renewable energy company focusing on off-grid solar power, is looking for a General Manager to lead, develop and grow the company in Kenya. The company currently has an office in Mombasa. The vision of the company is to empower rural people and areas by providing productive use of solar energy. The company has high ambitions related to growth and impact. The successful candidate needs to have strong leadership skills with experience in building teams, conflict resolutions, building commitment and engagement. Experience working in a multinational environment is a MUST!
- Develop and implement a renewed business strategy approved by the board.
- Explore and develop new business opportunities and partnerships in close collaboration with the Board.
- Grow and develop the company to achieve agreed results in terms of sales, financial returns, and expansion.
- Manage day-to-day operations of all team members and deliver results.
- Report to the Board on regular basis and co-operate closely with the Board.
- Manage the entire strategy lifecycle: conceiving means and collaterals, design and working with cross-functional teams, through implementation.
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting and control.
- Manage focused field-based research, trials and pilot projects I co-operation with partners.
- Make sure all operations are carried out in accordance with national laws, rules and regulations and international standards of good business practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in relevant field.
- Experienced in strategy development and implementation.
- Background from retail business and/or sales and distribution in rural areas.
- Experience of selecting target groups, marketing, sales approaches, product development and price strategies.
- Proven results and experience in financial management.
- Proven ability to build a good working environment based on trust, engagement and commitment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and targets.
- Hardworking, persistent, flexible, and dependable.
- Pro-active and with a positive attitude.
- English and Swahili fluency.
Please click on the tab below to apply;