Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a Texan-style BBQ restaurant in Nairobi is looking for a General Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and supervising the activities of the workforce, ensuring the smooth and profitable running of the restaurant as well as promoting & marketing the restaurant. The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a relevant field and at least 4 years of experience in restaurant management.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations.
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors.
- Organize and supervise shifts.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage the restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or relevant field.
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in restaurant
- Great attention to detail, strong leadership, and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as have a business mindset.
- Skilled in decision-making, problem-solving, planning and organizing.
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of hotel management software.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***