Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, an International NGO is seeking a Grants Administrator for a maternity cover, to provide support to the Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team. The Finance Division is led by the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for providing fiscal management, implementing financial strategy, and maintaining the fiscal integrity of the organization. Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance and fund accounting is required. FP&A Grants Administrator reports to the FP&A Senior Associate Director, who is based in Brussels. Prior experience working in nonprofit/NGO finance is highly desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage grant budgets and related expense reports, including internal and external reports, and review all expenditures and contracts for accuracy and availability of funds; including liaising with Development staff to ensure grants are being used and reported appropriately and within designated time frame.
- Support the awards management process (AMP) by working with Development on strategically allocating funds according to donor and organizational needs, responding to donor inquiries, performing reallocations, and monitoring projects’ progress against milestones and deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with donor regulations and internal financial policies, conducting regular audits and reviews to identify and address any discrepancies or issues.
- Maintain effective communication with donors, program managers, and other stakeholders to provide updates on grant-related matters and address any queries or concerns.
- Examine expense report results and provide additional reports and details as needed or requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field, or an equivalent combination of work experience and qualifications, is required.
- A minimum of three years of direct finance and/or grants experience is required.
- Strong computer knowledge, including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and a highly developed understanding of spreadsheet and database systems is required.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
- Excellent communication, creative problem-solving, and strong organization skills are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite financial accounting system is preferred, but not required.
- Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***