Our Client with Subsidiaries in Microfinance, Insurance and Car tracking is seeking to recruit a Group – Legal and Secretarial services Officer. The successful candidate will provide high quality, professional guidance to the Group Board and Subsidiary Boards on corporate governance in relation to the provisions of the Companies Act, Corporate Governance regulatory and statutory provisions. The ideal candidate Must have experience in Legal and Secretarial Matter
- Provide high quality, professional guidance to the Group Board and Subsidiary Boards on corporate governance in relation to the provisions of the Companies Act, Corporate Governance regulatory and statutory provisions.
- Provide sound and effective company secretarial services to the Group and Subsidiaries Boards through maintenance of statutory registers and other company records.
- Organize all Group Subsidiaries Board Meetings through issuance of relevant Notices, preparation of agendas, board papers, sharing the Board papers with all directors.
- Organize training and development programs for the Group Subsidiaries Boards to ensure the directors understand and effectively discharge their duties and responsibilities for the success of the Group Subsidiaries.
- Act as the legal custodian of the Group Subsidiaries Company Seal and key legal document
- Provide sound, pragmatic and effective legal services and advice to the Group Subsidiaries with regard to compliance, contracts and other areas of potential risk,
- Ensure that all aspects of legal risk are identified, covered and controlled in the implementation of new projects, systems, procedures and products.
- Ensure that changes and developments in legislation, regulations, guidelines and practices affecting the markets of operations are analyzed, evaluated and any required appropriate action taken to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university.
- A post graduate Diploma in Legal Studies.
- Certified Public Secretary CPS(K) and a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Secretaries.
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, member of the Law Society of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Master’s Degree in any relevant field (Law, Business) would be an advantage.
Please click on the tab below to apply: