Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a Texan Style BBQ restaurant in Nairobi is looking for a Head Chef. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the kitchen section according to set standards to ensure customer satisfaction. The successful candidate MUST be conversant in HACCP systems, and have a good understanding of policies relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety. He/ She MUST have over 4 years of experience as a Head Chef in a BBQ restaurant set up.
- Lead in the preparation of quality meals to the highest standards.
- Ensure that all menus are constantly updated, paying special attention to food offerings.
- Ensure that all menu item prices are correctly calculated to ensure maximum gross profit.
- Supervise kitchen, staff ensuring an appropriate work roster is developed and adhered to
- Ensure that all kitchen staff are constantly trained to effect good portion control.
- Ensure that sufficient stocks of all ingredients are ordered and stored under the correct conditions.
- Liaise with GM regularly regarding special requirements, functions.
- Assist in development of marketing and advertising campaigns to attract patrons.
- Ensure that all statutory hygiene requirements are diligently followed.
- Ensure that maintenance problems are promptly reported.
- Ensure regular stocktakes are conducted and secure and dependable systems.
- Support efforts to maintain client satisfaction by monitoring & evaluating.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience working as a Sous chef in a BBQ restaurant.
- People skills – tolerance, patience and caring at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent hygiene principles
- Team player with positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Excellent time management, interpersonal & problem solving skills
- Must have a good understanding of menu compilation and Texan BBQ cuisine.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***