Our client, a café based in Tanzania, is seeking a Head Chef to join their team and prepare delicious meals for the customers. The Chef responsibilities will include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. The chef should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. The role involves all the regular duties associated with preparation and cooking of food, maintaining highest professional food quality & presentation. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. Ultimately, the successful candidate will prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
• Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
• Understanding of recipes and gather all necessary ingredients
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary handling practices.
• Ensure an appealing plate presentation
• Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
• Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests
• Monitor food stock and place orders
• Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
• Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
• Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
• Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
• Culinary school diploma preferred
• Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
• Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
• Leadership skills
• Excellent time management abilities
• Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
• Familiarity with sanitation regulations
• Exhibit effective verbal and written communication in multiples venues and/or settings.
Please click on the tab below to apply;