Our client, a high-end lodge in a private conservancy in Laikipia area, is looking for a passionate and hands-on Head Chef. The successful candidate MUST have at least 5 years of Chef experience – 3 of which have been in a well-recognised five-star hotel or world-class lodge, as a senior sous-chef. He/she MUST have a passion for creating fabulous food and exceptional attention to detail and quality control of all items produced in the kitchen.
- Responsible for training chefs & implementing kitchen standards.
- Set 7-day Menus.
- Proactive Maintenance.
- Good stock controls and stock rotation.
- Good administration and personnel files to be kept according to Lodge Manager’s requirements.
- Responsible for all food orders, storerooms, fridge and deep freezers.
- Left-over management: left-overs to be discussed and processed every day.
- Vehicles and containers transporting food to camps to be spotless.
- Quality and quantity of snacks to game drives to be checked.
- Responsible for bush banqueting, drink stops, picnics etc.
- Excellent interaction with Guests.
- A recognised Chef Diploma in cooking and baking.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge and a clear knowledge of detailed stocktaking.
- Financial management ability.
- Experience in the service industry especially in dealing with guests and staff.
- At least 5+ years relevant experience in a high-end camp.
- A valid driver’s licence with at least 3 years driving experience.
- Good computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills – with guests and fellow staff members.
- Good organisational and lateral thinking ability.
- Must adhere to World Class Hospitality and Service Standards.
- Honest, have good integrity, proactive and driven person who has career ambitions.
Please click on the tab below to apply;