Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a 15-room boutique hotel in Gigiri Nairobi is looking for a Head Chef. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the kitchen section according to set standards, customer satisfaction and high level of sales in line with company policies and regulations. The successful candidate MUST be conversant in HACCP systems, have a good understanding of policies relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety. He/ She MUST have over 3 years of experience as a Head Chef.
- Manage the assigned department to produce high quality products consistent with the hotel’s policies.
- Ensure adherence to proper cooking methods and presentation of food with colourful & artistic flair.
- Ensure correct items and amount of food is prepared prior to food service and is stored correctly.
- Interacting with guests during their stay and obtaining feedback.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and ensure that the employees adhere to the same.
- Ensure adherence to the hygiene in the department and all equipment is well cleaned and stored.
- Maintain discipline in the department according to the property and company standards.
- Manage, train, review, implement and give feedback to employees on their job performance.
- Relevant Bachelors degree.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a high-end hotel.
- Must have a good understanding of dietary requirements, stock rotation and control.
- Excellent time management, hosting, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have working knowledge of international menu costing and design and establish a cost management plan.
- Must have a good understanding of menu compilation, international cuisine & up to date market trends.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.