Our client, in the outskirts of Nairobi, has 2 lodges and is currently looking to recruit a Head Chef. The successful candidate must have experience working in a fine dining environment (4/5-star Hotel/Restaurant/Lodge), preparing international Cuisines, be conversant with food allergies and food costs, creating quality menus, professionally managing a small but a high-end kitchen. He/she MUST have experience managing people.
- Manage his or her staff: training, motivating and structuring the team.
- Controlling raw material stocks, especially in terms of their cost.
- Practice cost-cutting measures.
- Stock and rotate food.
- Handle equipment, appliances, small wares, supplies, and tools.
- Perform opening procedures.
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene in the workplace and of the staff are of the highest standard.
- Ensure that food cost levels are maintained as specified in the budget.
- Develop and apply standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compilation of the kitchen Training Plan to meet the business objectives and develop team members.
- Carry out performance reviews for team members every six months.
- Supervise the department to ensure effective operation on a day to day basis whilst maintaining company standards consistently, with attention to detail.
- Minimum of four year’s previous executive/head Chef experience required.
- Management experience in a 4/5 Star hotel/restaurant/lodge.
- Knowledge on International Cuisines.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- International experience is an added advantage.
- Customer-focused with a warm, friendly personality.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. World-class hospitality, food and beverage service standards.
Please click on the tab below to apply: