Our client, in the aviation sector, is looking to hire a Head of Human Resources. The role will report to the General Manager for the company. Their role will be to strategically lead and plan for all HR activities that will attract, support, and retain a vibrant and productive workforce and enable the desired organizational performance. The ideal candidate will manage HR matters across the East African region.
- Coordinate with all Heads of Department in planning and forecasting for the workforce required involving skills, numbers, and positions in accordance with the business objectives.
- Manage the recruitment and selection, induction, and orientation programs in accordance with the HR strategic plan.
- Develop and coordinate processes that ensure effective implementation of the staff development programs in accordance with the HR strategic plan.
- Develop and implement a performance management system and entrench a performance culture in accordance with business objectives.
- Coordinate the management of staff welfare and wellness programs in accordance with HR strategic plan.
- Manage disciplinary, and grievance machinery in accordance with the code of conduct and HR manual.
- Lead the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures in accordance with world-class practices.
- Coordinate management of staff salary and benefits in accordance with the business objectives.
- Develop and manage effective employee communication processes and tools and accordance with business objectives.
- Provide advice on all matters related to human resource management to all levels in the organization in accordance with the HR Manual and Uganda Labour Laws.
- Establish an appropriate corporate culture that allows employees to develop behaviours that are in line with organizational values.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Organizational Psychology or Business Administration will specialty in human resource or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field and a post-graduate diploma in Human Resource Management or Business Management.
- Professional HR certification.
- Computer literacy in MS-office.
- At least five years’ experience post qualification in a medium or large company in a human resource role, with at least two years in a managerial role.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Problem-solving and creative work approach.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent management skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: