Our Client, a reputable private hospital in Kenya, is looking to recruit a Head of Materials Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that supplies are purchased as well as controlled and managed in a manner that ensures efficient Hospital operational at all times within stipulated Hospital and applicable legal requirements. The ideal candidate must have broad Supply Chain working experience in a Hospital.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote efficiency, transparency and accountability for Purchasing.
- Set up and implement a supply chain system that ensures all purchasing for Hospital supplies and equipment are in accordance with hospital policies.
- Responsible for developing and realizing the Capital equipment budget for the hospital, as well as realizing the operational supplies budgets set by the management.
- Develop, manage and set up systems to monitor the day to day activities of the purchasing department staff.
- Be a key player in the senior management team in advising on Hospital pricing structures to ensure the hospital retains a respectable surplus from all its purchases.
- Participate in senior-level management activities including development and implementation of an institutional strategic plan.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure efficient stock levels and equipment are always maintained at the Hospital.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure safe receipt, storage and distribution of all Hospital purchases.
- Develop and implement systems that ensure complete, accurate and efficient recording of all materials purchased and distributed in the hospital.
- Develop and maintain systems that monitor the day to day activities of stock Management/Warehouse staff.
- Discovering and supporting growth opportunities for the hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Diploma or other postgraduate qualification in Supply Chain Management.
- Proven track record in managing a busy medium/large size purchasing and warehousing department.
- Supply Chain experience in hospitals will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of effective leadership of large and disparate teams.
Please click on the tab below to apply: