Our client, an innovative Group of companies that deal in Financial solutions, Gaming, Content and B2B is currently looking to recruit a Head of Legal and Risk. The ideal candidate Must have a Master’s degree in law from a recognized university, a minimum of 8 years’ post qualification experience with at least 4 years in management. They must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. Certified Public Secretary is an added advantage.
- Provide legal and risk management strategic input to company leadership, subsidiaries and affiliate companies.
- Ensure legal risks are identified, resolved and managed appropriately.
- Coordinate, draft, review and negotiate all agreements to which the group of companies is a party.
- Provide legal advisory services on legal matters related to the company and ensure that all activities are in line with the applicable law.
- Negotiating with clients and or suppliers for out-of-court settlements to avoid litigation in court.
- Provide oversight on work assigned to external lawyers and drive performance in the resolution of legal issues.
- Drive adherence of good corporate governance practices by the Company’s Directors and Management.
- Administer and manage company contracts; Hold custody of all legal documents, seals, intellectual property and security documentation for the company.
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process and business continuity plan for the company.
- Provide oversight on company secretarial services to ensure effective liaison of external providers with the Board.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements and to the corporate policies, procedures and systems.
- Overall management of the legal department; managing tasks/targets e.g. clarifying roles, ensuring goals and plans are agreed upon.
- Must have a master’s degree in law from a recognized university.
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. Certified Public Secretary an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years post-qualification legal experience.
- Minimum of 4 years managerial experience. Board secretarial experience an advantage.
- Strong speech giving/writing and report-writing experience and capabilities.
- Strong understanding of the technical aspects of Kenyan legal systems and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including in presentations.
- Diplomatic with ability to develop close working relationship with clients at all levels.
- Able and competent presenter as well as a positive influencer of others.
- Able to lead and manage major change and transition programs.
- Inspirational leader, able to foster cooperative teamwork and outstanding achievement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both as a team leader and player.
- Able to coach and develop a professional finance management staff.
- High sense of integrity, trust and confidence.
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex or pioneering environment.
Please click on the tab below to apply;