Our client, an Energy company with offices in Nairobi, is looking for an experienced Head of Supply Chain. The successful candidates will manage inventory, coordinate the movement of the company’s products from the point of manufacture to the point of storage (warehousing), and distribution of the products between Areas. He/she will be responsible to develop the strategic direction and drive operations to enable a strong Logistics performance through clear structures & policies, efficient processes, and by continuously aligning with other Heads for supply chain. He/she must be able to combine logistics expertise with commercial awareness and have a strong vision for best practice in logistics. Previous work experience abroad or in an international company is a strong asset.
- Driving development and implementation of the Logistics department’s purpose.
- Developing and implement the annual Logistics Strategy and structure.
- Align the implementation of the Logistics operational strategy.
- Represent the company towards stakeholders and potential new business partners in the area of Supply Chain Management and Logistics.
- Negotiating and closing service deals with logistics companies and other business partners.
- Plan, approve and adhere to the Logistics department budget and resources requirements such as Logistics fleet, and operational equipment.
- Efficiently and continuously improve the Logistics department’s operations.
- Synchronize roles, policies and processes in Logistics management.
- Ensure regular supervision, training and coaching of the Logistics team members
- Ensure efficiency in inbound Supply Chain (SC).
- Ensure insurance claims are filed on time with 3rd party insurance provider.
- Ensure efficiency of inbound SC through regular follow-up of airfreights.
- Coordinate below-the-line SC planning for outbound Logistics with zonal distribution teams.
- Close liaison with clearing and forwarding agent, customs and related parties to the imports clearing process.
- Serve as SPOC for R&D, HQ, (feedback loop, battery tester repair; transfer knowledge about in-house products to refurbishment/repair), as well as SPOC for QA for products/appliances (feedback about recurring problems with all products).
- Ensure repossessed systems and returned broken spare parts are tested and handled as dictated.
- 10 years of professional experience in retail logistics or SCM.
- Bachelor’s degree in SCM, Logistics Management, Operations Management or a related field.
- Working experience in managing teams of at least 5 employees.
- Knowledge of Logistics management tools such as DMS Logistics, databases etc.
- Outstanding analytical, planning and problem-solving skills as well as strategic mindset.
- Team player with proven negotiation skills and a can-do attitude.
- Very good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and database software.
- Willingness to travel domestically, and to other COs to support Logistics activities.
Please click on the tab below to apply;