Our clients in the Gold Mining sector is seeking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer who will be responsible for all environmental, health and safety aspects of the company to ensure continuing compliance with the companies policies and procedures. The successful applicant Must be proactive, diligent, able to demonstrate commitment to the continual improvement of the company’s H&S performance. The Ideal candidate Must have experience working in a similar role and in the Mining Sector.
- Ensuring the promotion of H&S awareness of all who work for and on behalf of KGML.
- Implementing and managing the company’s H&S objectives.
- Monitoring H&S performance within KGML.
- Assisting with the timely resolution of any H&S related issues.
- Ensuring the company’s Risk Register is always up to date .
- Ensuring that all relevant H&S records and other documentation are kept up to date.
- Ensuring that all who work for and on behalf of KGML are aware of the company’s operational procedures.
- Compile required H&S reports for management.
- Record any H&S incidents and complaints.
- Identifying H&S training requirements for all staff and ensuring that training is undertaken.
- Must have a relevant Degree. Technical Degree is an added advantage.
- Must have Technical knowledge of Kenyan environmental legislation, environmental and social impact assessment and construction environmental mitigations methods.
- Must have technical knowledge of methods and techniques for successful management of H&S issues relevant to Project implementation, mitigation plans and compliance outcomes.
- Programme management – programming and planning, resource allocation, financial management contractual acumen.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communications, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict management skills internally and externally.
- Must be willing to work in Western Kenya.
Please click on the tab below to apply;