Our client, a leading export Herbs Farm in Kenya, is looking to hire a Herbs Production Manager who will be responsible for timely cultural practices, harvesting and delivery of herbs to the pack house. The successful candidate must hold a degree in Horticulture and have sound leadership skills. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a crop management.
- Manages end to end production process and delivery modalities in Production department encompassing but not limited to cultivation and agronomy, harvesting, labour Management, budgeting, and record keeping.
- Forecasts crop production with defined tolerance levels
- Reports daily farming/production activities to the Farm Manager
- Translates departmental plans into workable unit plans
- Plans and coordinates the production of Herbs from soil preparation to harvesting i.e. land preparation, planting, harvesting, crop husbandry, spraying, fertigation, temperature and humidity control.
- Oversees selection, trial and planting of new crops
- Ensures maintenance of crop through timely cultivating, weeding, pinching, pruning and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- Responsible for all farming operations including key establishments, operational and maintenance aspects of the farm.
- Forecasts monthly and weekly production per crop and ensures set targets are met
- Designs Fertigation regime per crop requirement based on climatic conditions.
- Undertakes pest and disease management in the field including and planning spray schedules based on scouting reports.
- Prepares Management monthly production reports i.e. for export, rejection, electricity, borehole, chemical and fertilizers etc.
- Liaises with the propagation department as to ensure re-planting schedules are done accurately.
- In liaison with the Farm Manager, develops production schedule including periodical and annual budgets.
- Maintains and controls departmental budget, routinely audits the department as to ensure no unnecessary wastage or losses.
- Administers implementation of workplace Safety and Health policy and promotes best practices in regard to Safety.
- Develops and implements and effective Quality control System/process.
- Plans and ensures production operations are not hindered and that tools and equipment necessary for smooth production operations are obtained and maintained in good order.
- Identifies new and /or improves current operating systems with a view to maximizing production and reducing costs.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Should have a minimum 5 years’ experience in crop Management preferably in a herbs farm.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Must be honest and of high integrity
- Should have Working knowledge of computers
- Displayed ability to work under pressure
- Should have sound leadership and administrative skills
Please click on the tab below to apply: