Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, an International Animal Feed company is looking for a hands on and dynamic HR Manager for its offices in Nairobi. The successful candidate will be responsible to guide and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company in Kenya within the legal framework. This position entails overall Human Resources responsibility with regards to salary administration, discipline, training and recruiting, as well as ensuring the company has adequate resources to achieve the company’s objectives and that all staff is adequately trained to perform their functions efficiently and productively, whilst providing a fair and equitable working environment. This job demands a high degree of confidentiality and attention to detail. Start up experience is an added advantage.
- Develop and implement the HR function of the Company
- Prepare and ensure effective adoption of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Establish HR administration, including payroll, tax, and social declarations, leave and absence administration, as well as the management of loans and staff accounts.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, and induction process for all employees
- Drive and implement an effective Performance Management system right from objective setting to review.
- Drive and lead the Learning and Development Function of the company in order to ensure competence enrichment for all staff.
- Design and manage Employee Welfare, Reward, Recognition, and Motivation Initiatives,
- Build a safe, trusted, and inclusive work environment, including a speak-up policy and other programs if helpful and supportive to employee well-being.
- Develop an HR Risk Management Framework and ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for direct and indirect staff costs
- Advise the management team of labour-related issues and Labour Law
- Has a degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- At least Seven (7) years HR management experience, of which three should have been in a senior office or management role
- IHRM member
- Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence
- Is discrete, professional, and has a demonstrated ability to make sound unbiased judgements
- Is highly organized, efficient, and proactive. Is good at administration and organization and has strong communication and interpersonal skills. Is seen as a trusted confidant.
- Is confident and an assertive self-starter. Has strong problem-solving, conflict-handling, and negotiation skills.
- Has a working knowledge of current labour legislation in Kenya
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***