Our client, a well-established NGO with a mandate of providing funding & expertise to infrastructure projects across Africa is looking to recruit an HSES Manager to be based in Casablanca or Nairobi. The successful candidate will be expected to support projects across sub-Saharan Africa. He/she MUST have excellent verbal & written French skills.
- Ensure all the Organisation staff understand the HSES strategic priorities and standards as defined by the Group.
- Ensure HSES standards are being adhered to appropriately throughout the origination, development, construction and operation of projects.
- Work with the Group to identify appropriate HSES training interventions, tools and assets.
- Create an annual HSES plan and budget for the organisation working with the group to ensure the centralization of procurement & H&S services.
- Working with the Organisation to ensure that the appropriate health and safety protocols have been implemented within its facilities.
- Escalate, report and manage and any health and safety incident.
- Review new opportunities from an HSES risk perspective and oversee any HSES due diligence activities ahead of securing investment committee approval.
- Identify issues in the project cycle and develop recommendations to mitigate and manage the risk.
- Define the steps required to assist the Organisation to improve HSES management performance and meet the requirement of group HSES policies, standards and procedures.
- Undertake site visits and incident investigations together with the Group HSES team.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering.
- An advance degree/qualification in HSES science or NEBOSH | IOSH | IEMA will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience dealing with Health, Safety, Environmental and Social Management.
- Excellent verbal and written English and fluent in French.
- Ability to travel frequently across Africa.
- Accident/ incident investigation experience is mandatory.
- Candidates with EPC and DFI experience will have a distinct advantage.
- Direct experience managing HSES in multisite portfolio operations.
- Strong knowledge of IFC performance standards & UN Global Sustainability on environmental & social responsibilities.
- Relevant experience working in Africa is required.
Please click on the tab below to apply: