Our client, a conservancy in Laikipia area, is seeking a hands-on Human Resource Manager. He/She will be responsible for the efficient and progressive establishment and formalization of the Human Resource department through a wide variety of functions which include strategic planning, supervising and providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, labour relations and HR administration. This is an exciting hands-on opportunity that provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to apply all their experience and professional knowledge in establishing and shaping a fully functioning department within a highly diversified workforce. Experience of working in conservation and/or Tourism industry will be beneficial but not essential. MUST BE WILLING TO LIVE IN A REMOTE AREA!
- Establish a fully functioning and professionally run HR department.
- Prepare the Human Resource budget and strategic plan.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system.
- Provide guidance in assessing organizational structures and implementing structural changes.
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, on boarding, developing and retaining the best talents available.
- Maintain and update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing and interviewing program.
- Design and lead the development of compensation and benefits systems.
- Ensure planning, monitor and do appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees.
- Liaise with employer and employee agencies; unions, Labour office and FKE to ensure fair and equal treatment of staff and management.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements.
- Leading selected change management initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with at least 5 of those in Senior management in a high performing, fast moving environment.
- Proven ability to build a Human Resources department from scratch.
- Employment laws, legal compliance – knowledge and experience with court processes.
- Knowledge and experience with best practices in people operations.
- Willingness to live in a remote location.
- Good Communication/presentation skills.
- Experience in Job evaluation and grading.
- Good Computer skills and computerized HRMIS experience.
Please click on the tab below to apply;