Our client, a leading Building and Construction Manufacturing company based in Nairobi, is looking to recruit an Import Officer who will be responsible for coordinating import operations and ensuring that they are carried out effectively and efficiently. He/she also administrates and directs the transportation of commodities and products. The successful candidate Must have prior working experience working in a building and construction company.
- Analyse import documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standards.
- Responsible to have Import systems updated as needed or locally defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary.
- Responsible to analyze customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where necessary to reduce the cost of imports.
- Deal with customs, Shipping agencies and local authorities for day-to-day operational issues.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all incoming shipments.
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self-audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in the proper filing, maintenance, and retention.
- Coordinate with finance department and arrange payments for custom duties/levies, and other clearing and forwarding payments as per requirements.
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country, and international law and process.
- Liaise with other departments (Finance and Supply Chain) to establish and maintain effective and relevant /import activities and support trust in relation to the organization’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production, and overall operating functions.
- Any other duty assigned by the management.
- Certificate/diploma in clearing and forwarding.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years working experience in the Building and Construction sector.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the local import Industry.
- Must have Strong analytical skills with good ICMS and Simba, Customs and Excise HS Code knowledge.
- Knowledge in Safety Management.
- Must display a high degree of emotional maturity.
- Must be aggressive with Good networking skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in priorities.
Please click on the tab below to apply: