Our client, an international investment company in Kenya is looking for a driven Incubator Manager for their offices in Mombasa. The successful candidate will be responsible for attracting great business ideas and aspiring entrepreneurs, and to grow them to become investable and thereby contributing to creating jobs and creating sustainable businesses in East-Africa. Our clients invest both cash and sweat equity in early-stage tech start-ups and are sincerely engaged in sustainable business development. They are well established in Mombasa and have a great network of highly esteemed corporate partners. Their strategy is to invest at the pre-incubation stage i.e. idea development and at the start-up phase. They combine international know-how with innovative local business models. Their strength is technology companies, especially information technology and long experience with entrepreneurship and business development.
- Recruit aspiring entrepreneurs with great ideas for business development.
- Responsible for training programs, mentoring and hub activities.
- Maintain good partnership dialogues.
- Attract new partners and Promote the hub, the programs and the start-ups.
- Arrange hackathons and other events.
- Participate in the start-up ecosystem and maintain good relationships with other hubs and accelerators.
- Run the mentor program and link up local mentors to start-ups.
- Mentor and guide the start-ups and contribute to their growth.
- Ensure compliance with ethical guidelines, legal requirements and anti-fraud measures.
- Seek and secure funding for the hub activities in co-operation with the team.
- University Degree in Software development, Innovation or Entrepreneurship.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Extensive knowledge of the start-up eco-system in Kenya.
- Business mindset and an extensive network.
- Outstanding communication and network building skills.
- Strong ability to initiate new ideas and activities.
- Structured, well organized and solution-oriented.
- Familiar with the Sustainable Development Goals and Impact investments.
Please click on the tab below to apply: