Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a dynamic Fintech Company based in Nairobi is seeking to recruit an Internal Auditor who will be responsible to add value and improve the company’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and have experience in the Financial Service Sector.
- Undertaking specific audit assignments and preparing detailed audit observations and reports.
- Carry out audits and investigations.
- Assist in quarterly reviews of the accounting, internal controls and financial systems.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to the team leader.
- Review all the policies and other statutory requirements to ensure compliance with the laid down internal controls.
- Review operations and programs activities to ensure they are consistent with established objectives and goals.
- Check on the soundness of accounting procedures and reliability of financial records and reports.
- Conduct audit reviews of policy and compliance to standards/regulatory requirements.
- Adherence to statutory and reporting requirements.
- Guarantee complete confidentiality of records and information obtained during audit jobs.
- Audit the utilization of funds disbursed to customers.
- Ensure safe custody of all Audit Documentation
- Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional audit certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA) finalized or in advanced stage of certification process.
- Must have at least two years prior working experience in a reputable audit firm, with a bias towards auditing financial services clients.
- Up to date knowledge of and adherence to audit industry practices – such as the Institute of Internal Auditors guidelines, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics.
- Good time management and research
- Exposure to various accounting systems.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***