Our client, an Agri-investment and Advisory firm that specializes in helping to create world-class farming and integrated agri-businesses across the value chain, is looking for an Investment Consultant. Based in Nairobi, under the support and guidance of the founder, the position is to help grow the investment and advisory business, assisting with existing clients and securing new ones. Regional travel to EAC countries is a requirement, together with occasional international travel.
Typical clients range from family-owned to corporate farming businesses in Africa as well as Impact, Developmental and Private Equity investors.
- Development of strategy and business plans, including financial modelling.
- Feasibility studies for new agricultural projects.
- Assisting businesses to become “investment ready” (expansion capital or outright sale) in order to raise finance (grant, debt and equity), and support thereof.
- Identification of investment opportunities within the agricultural sector for a range of investors.
- Merger and acquisition services, including commercial due diligence and valuations of agri-businesses.
- Preparing fundraising proposals and tenders.
- Supporting fundraising for agri-businesses, presenting opportunities to developmental, impact and private equity investors.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree essential, an MBA would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Investment/Funding/Finance/Business.
- Relevant accounting/financial qualifications is essential.
- Financial analyst experience/qualifications would be an advantage.
- A combined passion for Investment/Finance/Business.
- Be commercially aware and analytical.
- A knowledge of agribusiness is essential.
- Possess excellent report writing skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply;