Our client, a company in the financial services sector is seeking to recruit a Junior Accountant to be based in Nairobi Kenya. He/she will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the company. The successful candidate must have at least 2 – 3 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of bank transactions, petty cash, cheque and credit card transactions.
- Prepare monthly payroll returns, manage statutory deductions and reconcile the tax ledgers.
- Maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Match all supplier invoices and delivery notes/job cards received with the corresponding LPOs.
- Ensure the finance and accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Preparing accounts for annual audits and working with external auditors.
- Maintain open communication with other staff members and relieve them of their duties as and when required.
- Cover the admin desk as and when required.
- Ensure the office is fully stocked with necessities.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Must have completed at least CPA part II.
- Must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years of working experience.
- Should have high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Should be organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Should demonstrate a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Please click on the tab below to apply: