Our client based in Westlands is seeking a talented Chef with experience designing and preparing international cuisine. The successful candidate will be responsible for studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. Must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important. The desired candidate Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Chef.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check the quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Diploma in Culinary Science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience creating international dishes.
- Must be conversant with vegetarian dishes.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and nutrition
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Please click on the tab below to apply: