Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a distribution company of fresh produce for herbs, fruits and vegetables is seeking to hire a Junior Procurement Officer. The position holder will be tasked with supplying fresh produce to suppliers, building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and reconciliations. The ideal candidate must have a minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer in a farm preferably herbs or vegetables.
- Responsible for the procurement of fresh produce from existing suppliers.
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Responsible for weekly supplier reconciliations and Monthly reporting.
- Daily monitoring, checking of inventory and Inspecting goods upon delivery.
- Understand and fulfill customers’ requirements – ensure quality, availability, and food safety.
- Dealing with returns, rejects and wastage.
- Safeguarding and analyzing EVF’ product range with the goal of procuring goods at the right time.
- Follow market- and product developments and identify opportunities and trends.
- Performing general administrative tasks (barcode management, buying packaging material, stationary).
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer in a farm preferably herbs or vegetables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and support to keep record, data entry analytics and reporting.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
Please click on the tab below to apply: