Our client, a global bus and truck Manufacturing Company in the Automotive sector are making their grand entrance in Kenya. They are seeking to recruit a Knocked Down planner to join their team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a Knocked Down Engineering unit leader in the automotive industry. He/she will be required to receive and analyze documents from CKD vehicles kit suppliers and supervising jig manufacturing of new CKD models.
- Receive and analyse documents from CKD vehicles kit suppliers.
- Create/update data in the system for CKD vehicle models.
- Order for new special tools and auxiliary materials for new CKD models.
- Assemble and file the process sheets (manuals) for production use.
- Train the operators on how to interpret the manuals and drawings.
- Participate and sign off jigs tuning where applicable every time a new pack is started in BIW.
- Sign-off the first unit in every batch by assisting the operators through the process.
- Carry out vehicle audit on the first finished unit of a new CKD model.
- Update both master and line manuals using received engineering change notes/bulletins.
- Receive and study advance packing list/EHA data from CKD kit suppliers.
- Compare advance packing list/EHA data with the updated bill of material for a model.
- Communicate to the kit supplier for any variance between advance packing lists/EHA data and BOM and/or raise claims as may be necessary.
- Draft addition/deletion or KD change requests and forward to the local franchise holder for approval.
- Create/update parts pick lists to be used in unpacking, BIW, paint plant and assembly.
- Receive reports of failures or misfits from the operating areas and attend to them as necessary.
- Liaise with both local and overseas suppliers on kit and documentation issues.
- Support management elaborating a quality control plan suitable for automotive assembly.
- Following an inspection on special tools in assembly line reporting all relevant incompliances.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a relevant field.
- Must have to experience in the automotive sector i.e. Heavy commercial Vehicles.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years proven experience as a Knocked Down Engineering unit leader in the automotive industry.
- Proven experience and knowledge in advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a driving licence BCE.
- Must be open to relocating.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English.
- Must be organized, pro-active and autonomous and enjoy teamwork.
- Must have the capacity to lead a team.
Please click on the tab below to apply: