Our client a credit only Micro-Finance Company licensed in Kenya under the Company’s Act is looking for Legal and Company Secretarial Officer. The ideal candidate must have at least 7 years’ experience in a similar position in a financial institution. Must be a Certified Public Secretary CPS(K) and a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Secretaries.
- Provide high quality, professional guidance to the Group Board & Subsidiary Boards on corporate governance in relation to the provisions of the Companies Act, Corporate Governance regulatory and statutory provisions & other related legislation to ensure the Group maintains high standards of Corporate Governance.
- Provide sound & effective company secretarial services to the Group and Subsidiaries Boards through maintenance of statutory registers and other company records, Annual filings, event-driven filings to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Company’s Act.
- Organize all Group Subsidiaries Board Meetings through the issuance of relevant Notices, preparation of agendas, board papers, sharing the Board papers with all directors taking minutes to ensure the Board’s deliberations are well documented, communicated and implemented.
- Organize training and development programs for the Group Subsidiaries Boards to ensure the directors understand and effectively discharge their duties and responsibilities for the success of the Group Subsidiaries.
- Act as the legal custodian of the Group Subsidiaries Company Seal and key legal documents.
- Provide sound, pragmatic and effective legal services and advice to the Group Subsidiaries with regard to compliance, contracts and other areas of potential risk, to assist in the design and implementation of procedures to manage legal risk and to ensure the legal affairs of the Group Subsidiaries are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Ensure that all aspects of legal risk are identified, covered and controlled in the implementation of new projects, systems, procedures and products.
- Ensure that changes and developments in legislation, regulations, guidelines and practices affecting the markets of operations are analyzed, evaluated and any required appropriate action taken to ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Draft, review and advise on all legal agreements, contracts, leases to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to safeguard the interest of the Group Subsidiaries.
- Ensure that loan agreements, security documents, and other agreements are properly negotiated, documented, and, where applicable, registered.
- Monitor all litigation matters through constant follow-ups and coordination with the external lawyers to ensure the interests of the Group Subsidiaries are protected.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university.
- A post-graduate Diploma in Legal Studies.
- Certified Public Secretary CPS(K) and a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Secretaries.
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a member of the Law Society of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Master’s Degree in any relevant field (Law, Business) would be an advantage.
- Must have at least 7 years of working experience in a public or private company in the same capacity.
Please click on the tab below to apply: