Our client, a dynamic Logistic Company is seeking to recruit a Legal Manager who will provide support and guidance to the companies within the group on legal matters to ensure that their operations/activities conform to other legal requirements. The ideal candidate must have over 5 years’ experience in a respected top –tier corporate practice or in-house legal department
- Managing all activities within the company’s Legal Department
- Providing legal guidance on contractual obligations during contract negotiation and implementation
- Managing contracts including drafting and reviewing
- Monitoring and ensuring regulatory and contractual compliance by the company
- Providing advice on other legal aspects that affect the business, including regulatory matters, litigation, industrial and employee relations, service level agreements with suppliers etc
- Conducting legal training/awareness periodically within the company on relevant legal topics.
- Liaising with external lawyers on legal matters that require their support
- Reviewing insurance policies, managing insurance claims and ensuring compliance
- Liaising with the external secretarial firm for filing of Annual Returns and registration/filing of any changes affecting the business at the Registrar of Companies office
- Liaising with companies within the group as appropriate on all legal matters
- Providing legal updates/alerts on new legal developments within industry or country
- Participating in employment matters e.g. disciplinary cases, redundancies, termination etc.
- Managing legal database within the function and ensuring constant update thereof and availability of relevant and necessary information to adequately support the business
- Assisting in handling immigration matters e.g. processing work permits, special passes, dependency passes, renewals and cancellations
- A bachelor’s degree in Law or relevant legal training
- Between 5 and 8 years’ experience in a respected top – tier corporate practice or in-house legal department
- Must be able to thrive under pressure.
- Must be professional and a person of high integrity.
- Must be knowledgeable on relevant legislation
- Sound knowledge on contracts management
- Sound knowledge on employment matters
- Ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to cope with a prominent level of responsibility and with confidential matters
Please click on the tab below to apply: