A global bus and truck manufacturing company in the Automotive sector is looking to hire a Logistics Assistant. The successful candidate must have 3 to 4 years of experience in a similar role in the busy company and Must have immense knowledgeable about import customs documentation, clearing and forwarding and liaising with freight forwarders internationally to ensure smooth movement of parts.
- Assist in maintaining and coordinating the smooth running of logistics within the company
- Assist with custom and clearance process of all equipment
- Assist in import custom documentation, clearing and forwarding and liaising with freight forwarders internationally to ensure smooth movement to parts
- Maintain up to date record-keeping of all imports
- Work with the Kenya Revenue Authority, Custom Duty and Kenya Ports Authority
- Liaise with suppliers to create strong relations
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree/ diploma in procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body CIPS/KIMS.
- Must have 3 years’ experience in a logistics role.
- Prior experience in the Automotive sector is an added advantage.
- Must have experience working with custom and duty exemptions in Kenya.
- Must have knowledge of all laws, regulations relating to the importation of goods.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Must be flexible in terms of work mobility.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and excellent management skills.
Please click on the tab below to apply: