Our client, a leader in the agricultural sector in Africa that focuses on saving the agricultural sector with mechanical & chemical products is looking to fill the position of a Logistics Officer for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate must have prior experience working in logistics and warehousing.
• Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship, deliver).
• Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
• Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
• Collect and send invoices to appropriate department.
• Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation.
• Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
• Obtain RFQ’s and submit to the proper department.
• Manage logistics operations including all logistics assets in order to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of cargoes.
• Establish reports based on logistics movements and distribute them according to requirements.
• Identify, mobilise resources, implement and report on special logistics operations.
• Ensure effective commodity management and quality control.
• Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous logistics preparedness reviews.
• Organize clearing and forwarding, transportation activities and storage of goods.
• Coordinate, document and track movement of goods through logistic pathways.
• Execute a logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
• Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must have a Minimum Degree certification.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Logistics/ Warehousing role.
• Must have previous experience in a Logistics/transport company.
• Must understand warehouse & inventory computer systems.
• High attention to detail, excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
• Understand safety/ security processes or procedures.
• Strong ethics and integrity.
• Ability to multi-task.
Please click on the tab below to apply;