A global bus and truck Manufacturing Company in the Automotive sector is making their grand entrance in
Kenya with existing operations in Uganda and Tanzania for close to a year. They are seeking to recruit a Logistics Supervisor who will maintain and coordinate the smooth running of the Logistic of the Company. The Successful candidate Must have experience with customs and duty exemptions in Kenya and knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to the importation of goods. The ideal candidate Must have prior experience working in a Technical (Engineering) Sector or Automotive Sector.
• Maintain and coordinate the smooth running of the logistics for the Company
• Oversee the customs and clearance process for all the equipment coming into Kenya
• Responsible for import customs documentation, clearing and forwarding and liaising with freight forwarders internationally to ensure smooth movement of parts.
• Maintain up to date record keeping of all imports to ensure accurate reporting on weights, volumes, material status, and inventory.
• Working with the Kenya Revenue Authority, Customs Department and the Kenya Port Authority
• Ensure full compliance with applicable Kenyan legislation and specific permitting and customs requirements
• Liaise with suppliers to create strong working relationships
• Coordinate with all internal departments to provide procurement, materials management and logistical support.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management.
• Must be a Member to a relevant professional body- CIPS/KISM.
• Must have recognized professional qualification – CIPS/CPSP.
• Must have 5 years’ experience in Logistic field.
• Prior working experience in the Automotive sector would be an added advantage.
• Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a Company.
• Ability to train and evaluate staff in the department.
• Experience with customs and duty exemptions in Kenya and knowledge of all laws and regulations relating to the importation of goods
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communications, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict management skills in dealings with all levels of management, internally and externally
• Computer literate with various software packages is essential
Please click on the tab below to apply;