Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client a leading manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials is seeking to hire a Machine Operator to be based in their factory in Kenya. The ideal candidate must have a relevant technical diploma and minimum 3 years’ experience operating a machine or in a production role with experience handling machines.
- Check the slitting order for order width, number of cheeses, length and any special requirements before setting up and ordering required materials.
- Ensure that the order requirements are thoroughly reviewed.
- Check material delivered by the forklift driver is the correct material and check for any special notes like splices and quality defects.
- Slit the material as per the order requirements and monitor the material tension settings and parameters according to product construction.
- Prepare the material and ensure that it is ready to be wrapped.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is correctly completed during the entire slitting process.
- Assist with maintenance performed as & when required.
- Ensure that safety equipment is worn in the plant at all times namely: bump, safety shoes, safety glasses, and hand cut resistant gloves.
- Carry out any duty or requirement imposed on the company by the OHS Act and in accordance with your specific SHE appointment
- Relevant technical diploma or certificate.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a machine operator or in a production role with experience handling machines.
- Must be reliable, a fast learner and keen to detail.
- Knowledge of machine operation principles and basic maintenance.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to follow safety guidelines and protocols.
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.