Our client, a family-owned but independently run Dairy food processing company in the outskirts of Nairobi is seeking to recruit the expertise of a Maintenance Manager to be based in their Nyamira Office. He/she will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Maintenance department. This includes managing the upkeep of all manufacturing assets, managing maintenance budget and resources and in designing and installation of new systems. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a maintenance management role in the dairy sector.
- Performs maintenance management by supervising maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Maintaining manufacturing assets and facility, parts inventory, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals, and assisting in managing the department budget.
- Manage maintenance personnel by setting direction and priorities.
- Proposal training and continuous development on all maintenance personnel.
- Performs Performance Evaluations on direct reports at least once a year.
- Performs other duties by coordinating work with outside inspections, providing project management, ensuring the safety of personnel, and performing other duties as required.
- Managing, maintaining, and establishing maintenance procedures for production lines in a dairy-manufacturing environment to ensure production meets or performs better than budget.
- Maintaining quality standards and associate safety standards.
- Monitoring line efficiencies; monitoring labor cost; and other expenses.
- Responsible for maintaining Food Safety and Quality Systems as assigned.
- Help coach, train Technicians, and participate in on-the-job training.
- ensuring that all maintenance operations are done in accordance with company policy and OSHA guidelines.
- ensuring the facility satisfies all industry regulations.
- Managing budgets.
- Forecasting, ordering, and price negotiation for spare parts inventory.
- developing and implementing a proactive maintenance program.
- Firing/hiring maintenance staff.
- Coordinating the completion of complex repairs.
- Hiring subcontractors for specialized maintenance work.
- Looking for new ways/tools/assets to improve productivity and cut costs.
- Drafting maintenance reports.
- 10+ years’ experience in a maintenance management role in the dairy sector
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members.
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning and decision making.
Please click on the tab below to apply: