Our client, an organization that operates in the COMESA region with turnover in billions of dollars($) and directly employing thousands of employees on its payroll, is looking for a Manufacturing Planning Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the success of the business by leading, supporting, advising, coaching and directing the production planning team members in the achievement of agreed objectives, optimal production and material plans across all sites covering both short- and long-term requirements. This individual will be a senior-level leader who will manage production planning functions in the areas of capacity, manpower and storage/space. He/she will also prepare monthly capacity analysis for the Sales and Operations review. He/she MUST have experience in the manufacturing sector and have a full understanding of the process cycle.
- Manage all production planning activities for assigned areas, providing direct management of planning operations and performance.
- Ensure the generation of realistic manufacturing plans and schedules to include all preparation and manufacturing requirements.
- Work within the PTM process team in providing a cross-functional view and work closely with the Infrastructure Team.
- Assist with proper cross-team communication to aid the quality resolution of integration issues.
- Take responsibility for resolving major issues within the production planning Process area.
- Manage and resolve day-to-day functional issues and risks.
- Regularly report planning Process progress, issues and risks to Project Management.
- Verify that the work delivered is consistent with program quality standards and ownership of the key data objects within the planning Process area.
- Use Planning tools to create optimized production solutions, taking into account available capacity and any production constraints.
- Work with the agile teams to design solutions using your knowledge of PP, MM, and PM.
- Explore creative approaches, practical solutions to solve problems and seek diverse solutions to work issues.
- Minimize, manage and eliminate all types of job waste and adopt lean/kaizen practices and approaches.
- Set and design performance standards at the beginning of the year with all subordinates.
- Develop, delegate and support staff learning & training initiatives.
- Implement the company performance management system and cycle effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent Planning and Organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solver and decision maker.
- Very good Analytical thinker and detail-oriented.
- Strong Project & Change Management experience.
- Deep knowledge of SAP, especially in production.
- Knowledge of overall project lifecycle methodology.
- Very conversant in Product/Business Planning, MRP and Plant maintenance.
Please click on the tab below to apply: