Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGO’s in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a fast-growing boutique hotel, is looking to recruit a Marketing/Receptionist. The successful candidate will be required to serve as the welcoming face of the hotel, contributing significantly to the creation of an unforgettable atmosphere for guests. The candidates’ responsibilities will include ensuring guests comfort and ensuring they depart with a lasting impression. The Receptionist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, managing guest interactions, and ensuring the smooth operation of the front desk, including sales and marketing efforts.
- Welcome and check-in guests with warmth and professionalism.
- Assist in the implementation of marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Manage guest check-outs efficiently, ensuring accurate billing and a pleasant Check Out experience.
- Handle guest inquiries, requests, and concerns promptly and courteously, utilizing upselling techniques to introduce guests to additional services, room upgrades, or special offers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the hotel’s facilities and services to assist guests effectively.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions, including processing payments.
- Keep the reception area organized and visually appealing.
- Collaborate with other hotel staff to ensure a seamless guest experience, including coordinating with the General manager to promote special offers or events during check-in or check-out, and actively participating in upselling initiatives to boost revenue.
- Must have a Diploma in Front Office, or a related field.
- Must have Prior experience as a receptionist, preferably in a hotel or hospitality setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional Sales and customer service orientation with a friendly and welcoming attitude.
- Proficiency in using hotel management software and basic computer applications.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
Please click on the tab below to apply:
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.