Our client, a leading and well-established Meat processing and Food distribution company is looking to recruit a Meat Production Manager. The ideal candidate Must have at least 10 years’ production experience in the Meat industry.
• Oversee and manage day-to-day operations of the Production Department.
• Lead and manage the production and quality assurance teams.
• Responsible to ensure adequate steps are taken and employees are held accountable to achieving all KPI’s.
• Adherence to all good manufacturing practices, company policies and food safety, HACCP, and quality assurance procedures.
• Responsible in managing the budget.
• Responsible for various inventory control functions and cold chain management.
• Creates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Manage production and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
• Utilize staff and equipment in a manner which will not jeopardize safety or quality.
• Ensure compliance with SHEQ set parameters
• Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize losses, shortage and wastage.
• Ensure all product orders are produced on time in line with the production plan.
• Make equipment available for planned maintenance execution
• Liaise and interact and manage relationships with suppliers, internal customers and support services
• Liaise with SHEQ, R&D, Engineering to execute trials and audits and ensure achievements of targets
• Lead operational excellence (savings, OR, OEE, SHEQ) in the production environment.
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science, Food Technology or related degree.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in production of Food (Halal)/ FMCG
• Extensive Knowledge of meat products, processing and production.
• Technical knowledge and roles of Materials, Ingredients and meat machinery.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of functional ingredients in the meat segment.
• Must be proficient in meat production, QA and butchery hygiene.
• Should have excellent people management skills.
• Should have a good grasp of logistics.
• Industry experience in production and/ or technical support in the meat processing industry.
• Excellent verbal and written negotiation and communication skills.
• Sound independent judgement and ability.
• High levels of integrity and ethical standards.
Please click on the tab below to apply;