A global bus and truck Manufacturing Company in the Automotive sector are seeking to recruit a Mechanic for the workshop to be based along Mombasa road. The ideal candidate must have at least 10 years’ experience working with heavy commercial vehicles.
• Diagnose vehicles based on observational and mechanical testing as well as information provided by the customer.
• Repair vehicles based on the diagnosed issues and repair estimate.
• Test drive vehicles after repairs are complete to ensure mechanical soundness and to determine whether any other problems exist.
• Fi Inspecting and testing vehicles’ engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
• May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
• Performs tune-ups, brake jobs and other preventative maintenance on vehicles.
• Diagnoses, repairs and overhauls engines, transmissions and fuel systems.
• Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints.
• Replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems. i.e appropriate documentation on each repair.
• Must have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
•nMust have at least 10 years’ experience working with heavy commercial vehicles.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to perform complex diagnostic procedures on all vehicle systems.
• Thorough knowledge of automotive technology.
• Must possess a valid driving license.
Please click on the tab below to apply;