Our client, the fastest growing aquaculture looking to scale from a start-up to a more structured entity and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa is looking to recruit a Moorings and Cage Maintenance. The successful candidate will be in charge of providing supervision and direction to the team. The ideal candidate MUST be highly organized with a focus on system building.
- Supervises the movement, distribution and storage of Nets at the farm
- Net inventory and net tracking management
- Data collection of boat route across the lake, delivery times of goods going and coming from the lake as feeds, nets, fish, etc.
- Data collection of the assets used for the operations in the lake such as: replacement of feedings, replacement of top covers, traceability of the use of nets in the water, etc.
- Traceability and strong coordination skills for the repair and manufacture of onshore networks and their timely delivery to the lake, according to daily requirements.
- Leading training classes or providing one-on-one training of logistics to coxswains
- Strong skills in logistics planning and operation.
- Implement protocols on feeds and goods delivery at the lake
- Implement discipline and termination procedures
- Direct and review work plan for assigned staff in Net fabrication Area and Pier.
- Managing projects as assigned and organizing teams to assist in these efforts
- MUST be highly organized with a focus on system building.
- Have a solid background in aquaculture sciences, with at least a B.Sc. level of education.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Aquaculture (preferable but not essential).
- Be fluent in English.
- Be highly computer literate, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Be willing to relocate to rural Kenya.
- Be willing to get their hands wet and dirty and be as passionate about fish as we are.
Please click on the tab below to apply: