Our client, a company that deals with fresh produce, is looking to hire an Operations Assistant/Head Stock Keeper to be based at their offices in Karen, Nairobi. He/she will be responsible for managing the store’s team to ensure smooth operation of the cold storage, this includes but is not limited to, storage, picking, packing and dispatch of the stock received from the farms. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of working experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom.
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies.
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, repacking, pricing, and labeling supplies.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping.
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses.
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control.
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs.
- Must have a Relevant Degree or Diploma in Logistics and Supply Management.
- Must have at least 2 years in a similar role in a busy environment
- Must have knowledge in bookkeeping and Inventory Management
- Must be familiar with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Must have excellent IT/Computer Skills.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Driven, organized and resourceful with the ability to prioritize.
Please click on the tab below to apply: