Our client, Hotel owners of a hotel in Nairobi, is looking for a young and vibrant Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide overall leadership, guidance and direction to the
hotel management team. He /She will be in charge of the day to day management of the hotel and its
employees, as well as have accountability for directing all services affecting guest experience through HODs.
This includes, front of house operations, food and beverage services, housekeeping, conferencing, maintenance,
IT and security.
- Maintain above-average reviews on all areas of guest experience.
- Participate in committee meetings pertaining to guest experience.
- Hold HODs accountable to deliverables and reporting.
- Monitor achievement of operating plans.
- Set standards into the daily operations of all staff and establish systems to monitor
- their consistency.
- Lead and manage the Departmental heads and coach and train them accordingly.
- Work with the HRM to oversee the Human resources aspect and processes in the
- hotel to ensure enough manpower to address fluctuating operational needs.
- Put in place effective security systems.
- Ensure all hotel operations are compliant with all licensing laws, health and safety codes,labour laws, and other statutory regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/Business/Finance/Hotel Management.
- At least 5 years working experience in a Managerial position in a city hotel.
- Proficiency in Opera, Micros and Materials Control.
- Strong Commercial knowledge.
- Very creative – to bring new ideas and concepts.
- Strong organization skills and show great attention to details.
- Excellent customer service and committed to exceptional quality.
- Enthusiastic and energetic hands on individual with outstanding communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and the staff.
Please click on the tab below to apply;