Our client, a Retail company with 40 branches throughout Kenya, is looking for a hands on and dynamic Operations Manager. As Operations Manager he/she directs, supervisers and coordinates the overall clinical and business operations for the organization and will be in charge of the following departments: Receiving Department, Stores, Control Room, Workshops, packaging, imports, Purchasing and IT. In addition, he/she will participate in the development and administration of policies on business operations and planning, with main focus on inbound and outbound flows for central warehouse and all branches Experience in the Retail sector is a MUST!
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all the departments.
- Actively participate creating vision, establish and follow a planned path.
- Review periodically the company’s overall strategy to respond to changing business conditions
- Create roadmap of growth, assuring planned revenue & profitability delivering measurable, cost-effective result.
- Establish organization structure among the departments and operating systems and process flow to ensure achievement of the goals.
- Ensure appropriate systems, processes and performance management arrangements are in place to delivery consistent high-quality level of service provision and activity report and monitor achievement.
- Look at the best cost-effective way of delivery of our orders and also day to day running of the departments.
- Establish relationship with external service providers that are involved in the day-to-day operations this includes courier companies, security firms, local authorities, clearing agents etc
- Establish, implement and manage smooth day to day operations for all departments
- Timely delivery of orders to all customers and replacement and delivery of replacements to all branches.
- Ensuring the Production line at the Workshop is fully utilized and maximum output is being achieved from the workshop.
- Ensuring all Warehouses have 100% accuracy of the stocks matching the SAP/ Stock cards with physical stocks.
- Quarterly stock checks for all departments to be done where the entire stores are being counted to confirm the stocks.
- Ensuring timely reorders are placed for all stock items such that no item is going out of stock
- Ensuring the Imports Departments, regulatory authority’s approval and licenses are in place all the time.
- Ensuring all documents are being checked by Imports for 100% accuracy and nothing wrong
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers.
- Education Prefer Bachelor in engineering (any type) with MBA.
- 10 -15 years in operations – of which 5 years to be in managerial position.
- Operations professional with experience managing and improving systems, processes, controls and teams.
- Preferred candidate who has worked at a retail company where there’s central warehouse and multiple retail branches.
- Good understanding of Excel. SAP B1 experience is advantageous.
Please click on the tab below to apply: